Kiah Kidd

Kiah Kidd

Friday, March 1, 2013

Sexual Intamacy

I was unable to be to class on Friday and I heard that we discussed how to teach children about sex. I'm disappointed I couldn't be there! I've always wanted to know the secret! I really appreciated the way sex was discussed in this class.  I appreciated that the Spirit was present and that we could discuss it as adults.  When I was younger my mom explained to me about all the changes that both boys and girls experienced during puberty, but I can honestly never remember her actually sitting me down and talking to me about sex.  I know she told me never to be afraid or embarrassed to ask her any questions, but I frankly couldn't ever think of how to ask the questions without feeling stupid or disgusted.  I'm grateful I had girlfriends I could talk to (maybe a little more information was shared than should've been.) But that's how I learned.  I'm grateful to belong to a church where we believe in the Law of Chastity.  I'm so grateful I covenanted to keep myself clean until I could share this sacred experience with my husband.  I'm so grateful that I will be able to have sacred experience because I have kept myself morally clean.  I was also grateful for the fact that we talked about sexual intimacy being a sacrament.  What a beautiful word to describe sexual intimacy between a husband and wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment