Kiah Kidd

Kiah Kidd

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fathers and Finances

This week we discussed about dual income families.  I'm always interested in learning about this because my mother didn't work.  My mom was always home. We could count on her for anything.  She was home when we got home, which after listening to this week's discussion was a huge blessing in my life.  I had a mommy while I was growing up that could be there for me.  This kept me safe from harm and it kept me out of trouble.  My mother expected us home right after school and if we were going to be late we always had to tell her exactly where we were going to be.  I look at kids that don't have a mom at home and they do live  a little more unstable life which is so sad. So I'm so grateful I was blessed with the fact that my mom could stay at home for us.  One of the financial topics we discussed was the importance of an honest tithe. This hit home for me because my parents taught me ever since I was little to pay a full tithe.This has helped me to be more honest with my other finances outside of tithing. I'm going to teach the concept of tithing early to my children because it has helped me be able to pay my tithing more willingly as I've grown older.

No comments:

Post a Comment