Kiah Kidd

Kiah Kidd

Friday, March 15, 2013

Communication/Problem Solving

This week in class we discussed  importance of family councils.  This really struck me because I grew up in a family that didn't really have family council. Okay we never have family council. This is definitely something that I can't wait to have in my future home with my future husband and children.  I want to include my children in our decisions.  This past week I've looked back on how our family decisions are made and it made me really sad a frustrated that us kids weren't involved at all in decisions. It made me angry. And that made me mad that I was angry about that.  I just think our family life would've been so much more close and enjoyable as we went through the trials we faced.  It impressed me to read about how the quorum of the 12 conduct their councils.  It was so organized and it was amazing how they listened to the Spirit. I think this is also a very effective way to discuss problems in our own homes.  If we can follow the Spirit in family matters, our homes will be a heaven on earth and we can progress towards perfection as the Proclamation to the Family states.

No comments:

Post a Comment